Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July Update

So far this month, nothing terribly exciting has happened. Josh went to Georgia for a week and a half training for his (kinda new) job at the TownePlace suites. I've been busy with school. My second summer session will end July 30 and I'll have about 3 weeks off before my residency starts. My main site will be at a fairly small hospital in Fort Worth, Harris Southwest, but I will be doing some rotations through a very large county hospital in Dallas (Parkland) for trauma and obstetrics, Fort Worth Children's hospital (Cook's) for pediatrics, and my cardiac rotation is yet to be determined.

We've been planning a vacation to Alaska August 2-15 while I have a break. We are going with our friends, Mitch and Robin Martin and we're going to stay half the time with a friend, Murph, that lives up there. Some of the things we are going to visit and do are: visit Denali National Park; Halibut fishing in the ocean, salmon fishing in a river; hike several miles to a glacier and camp under it, see a whale, maybe some ocean kayaking, and roaming around Anchorage for a day or so. I think there will be 18-20 hours of daylight while we are there--that will be an adjustment.

Here is a picture of some of my study friends while we took a well needed afternoon off to eat lunch at Chick-fil-a and get pedicures.


Me, Jill, Lynn, Cow, Kim, and Miranda

This is a picture of Josh, me, and our friends realxing and having some much needed drinks after my 2nd summer exam.


Lynn, Wayne, Shandon, Josh, Me, Matt, Lynn's Mom

1 comment:

  1. Alaska sounds exciting! Make sure Josh protects his nose... wouldn't want anyone to 'hook' him! (:

    ReplyDelete